We hope that the sites listed on this will be of interest to the Heritage Railway enthusiast or visitors to the Cotswolds area. This page also contains links to some sites that themselves contain links to the GWSR website - our link exchange.
Please note that the inclusion of these links does not imply any endorsement by the GWSR of the products, services or information offered by these sites. GWSR plc can accept no responsibility for the content or availability of external websites. All links will open in a new window.
UK Heritage railway links
- Visit Cotswolds & Severn Vale - Official tourism website for the Cotwolds and the Severn Vale.
- Winchcombe - News and information about Winchcombe.
- Cotswolds Info - Comprehensive tourism and business information for the Cotswolds area.
- About Britain - The premier online guide to where to go in Great Britain
- StaySouthWest - A comprehensive guide to accommodation in the South West of England with hotels, self catering holiday cottages, bed & breakfasts, hostels, holiday parks and camping and caravan sites in Gloucestershire and across the region.
- Visit Broadway - This site aims to ensure you miss nothing on your trip to Broadway and the Cotswolds with information on accommodation, places to eat and drink, things to do, attractions, shopping, how to get to Broadway Cotswolds and much more.
- Winchcombe Welcomes Walkers - the leading site for information on walking, accommodation and shops in and around Winchcombe
Cotswolds Attractions links
- Batsford Arboretum - The Cotswolds secret garden
- Painswick Rococo Garden - A fascinating step back to the flamboyant English Rococo period
- The Edward Jenner Museum - Housed in his former home the museum fills in the biography of the man.
- Sudeley Castle - Illustrated history of this splendid 15th-century castle laid waste by Oliver Cromwell, but restored in the Victorian period
- Berkeley Castle - Berkeley Castle has been lived in by the same family for over 900 years. It is where history has been made. Where Edward II was murdered, where the Barons of the West gathered before Magna Carta and where Queen Elizabeth I hunted and played bowls.
- Cheltenham Art Gallery & Museum - Has an outstanding permanent collection including fine art, ceramics, jewellery, furniture, local history
- Corinium Museum - Experience life as a Roman. Marvel at the stunning mosaics. Dress as a Roman soldier. Explore their engineering and artistry.
- Mill Dene Garden - Mill Dene Garden has become the passion of Wendy Dare's life.
- Owlpen Manor - OWLPEN has long been recognised as one of England's most romantic early manor houses. In 2006 it was voted one of six finalists in the Country Life - Savills award for "England's Favourite Manor House".
- Snowshill Lavender - Family farm offering essential oils, bath products, teas, and soaps.
- Stanway House & Fountain - historic house and the highest gravity fed fountain in the world. Near Toddington.
- Westonbirt Arboretum - The National Arboretum
- Woodchester Mansion - Home of The Woodchester Mansion Trust, one of Britain’s leading independent conservation charities.
- WWT Slimbridge Wetland Centre - A great place to watch the wonderful birds and wildfowl, which visit or make their home at Slimbridge.
- Crofton Beam Engines - The homepage of the Crofton pumping station on the Kennet and Avon Canal
- Kingfisher Rail Tours - Classic train trips over the Settle-Carlisle and other scenic routes.
- Railholiday - Self-catering accommodation in Cornwall for the rail enthusiast - in converted railway vehicles!
- Flat-Broke Films - Cheltenham-based film production company - producers of “Waters End” (shot at the GWR), available for purchase at our shop.
- The Carolina Heritage Line - An organisation formed to “save the rails” on an historic line in Carolina, USA.
- Routes International - “People Transportation” - a huge Canadian-based website for world-wide travel (including heritage railways!)
- The Duchess-Countess Project - A website dedicate to a project to restore a famous canal packet-boat.
- Amehursts - Fine art railway prints by David Weston.
- Lets go with the children - Guide books listing places to go and things to do for families.
- Canine Partners - Training assistance dogs for people with disabilities. The GWSR provides facilities to help with familiarising the dogs with railway travel.
- Diamond Tours - Guided tours of the Heart of England and the Cotswolds in a luxury seven seater people carrier.
- Explore Gloucestershire - The ideal family friendly website to help you find out what’s on, where to go, stay and eat in Gloucestershire!
- Maps4Pets.com - You can search by area for pet-friendly accommodation anywhere in the UK, find links to hotels, guest houses, self-catering accommodation, B&Bs and camping & caravan sites.
- Derek's Transport Books - A supplier of railway and related books, videos and DVDs to the Toddington shop